Monday, April 27, 2009

Bitburger Pils - On Draught

To round out my lager drinking night at Stubbies, I had the Bitburger Pils on draught. Again, this beer was served not only in the proper glassware, but in a glass mug specifically designed for that beer. Impressed? I am. I have had Bitburger Pils in the past. It is an interesting beer. It has an odd flavor that one does not expect from a Pils. As you drink it, the flavor becomes more pronounced. The beer is clear, as you would expect, light yellow in color. The carbonation is steady but it doesn't form a head. There is no lacing on the glass and I cannot recall what the smell is. It is a good beer to try, and I have ordered it on multiple occasions. It is not my favorite beer but everytime I order it I end up trying to describe the flavor to myself. If you see this beer on draught at a bar someplace, check it out. You probably won't regret it. Next time, I think I will start an IPA tour to prepare myself for the tasting of my homebrewed Stick Elephant Indian Pale Ale.
Drinkability: *** / *****

No comments:

Post a Comment